Friday, July 20, 2012

Vaccination Infatuation

I wrote this to one of my friends on facebook and decided to share.

Before I was a stay-at-home homeschooling mother, I was a medical technologist/research scientist working in a molecular genetics laboratory at UT Southwestern Medical in Dallas. I love immunology! I love all of the things I’ve learned about these amazing bodies our Lord created. There came a time, though, when that "possible link" referred to between shots and autism became a definite reality in our lives, as well as many others. That's when it hits home: you lose the greater good-herd immunity mindset and focus on the little individual faces and their precious individual lives. When they’re unable to communicate, when they hurt everyday, when your hopes of who they are to become suddenly crumble into a confused mess, you are only concerned for that one. Each child is priceless!

This is to anyone who will read: is it just the vaccinations that cause a regression? No! Any thinking person understands this, thus the debate. If every child that received a vaccination became autistic, there would be no argument, but that’s not the case. However--it does not mean that it does not happen to some, or that it does not cause a break-down in immunity that will cause problems later down the road. So many things come into play—ability to detoxify, metal load, gut health, environmental exposures, etc. There are papers upon papers that teach you why and how this happens, and studies to prove it. There is research by reputable doctors/scientists published—mostly performed because they had the misfortune of losing a loved-one to autism. Scientific theory is a “well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.” These facts have unfortunately been confirmed over and over through repeat analysis by folks who didn’t even know they were part of the experiment. It’s all there—we just have to listen to the “other side” of the story.

As a researcher who has studied more in the last two years than in all previous years combined, I can say for sure that I don’t know all there is to know, but I can express in-depth myself what is happening to our children’s health to any who would take a minute to listen. What I don’t know, I can tell you where to find it. I believe our family will make a full recovery if God allows- I believe that’s His Will, and am thankful for the journey. I have received quite an education, and have met the most amazing people! They are “important” people who will stop what they are doing halfway across the world from you to receive a phone call or to answer an e-mail. These people love and care for the individual—not just the group.

As a mom, I can confidently say that if there was something potentially hurting one of my children, I would keep that child and all the rest of my children far away from it until I found out more about the source of harm. If my friends left their children with me, I could positively say that this is how they would want me to care for them…take no chances! Why not stop the vaccinations until they are proven safe, instead of continuing to give them until they’re “conclusively” proven dangerous? According to scientific theory there is more than enough evidence of the dangers of vaccinations; most just choose not to see.

2 comments:

  1. Kim, Can you give us a list of your most helpful books that are written more to a parent than a 'researcher?' I'd like to read more about the discoveries of vaccination dangers, but especially about the leaky gut syndrome and its symptoms in adults. Thanks! Janey

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Cause-- Many Ailments: The Leaky Gut Syndrome: What It Is How It May Be Affecting Your Health by John O. A. Pagano--I haven't read this, but it looks like a good one. As far as vaccination dangers, Callous Disregard: Autism and Vaccines: The Truth Behind a Tragedy by Dr. Andrew Wakefield should be great. I've read about him, heard him speak--haven't read the book but trust it. My favorite read for a parent that gives a well-rounded outlook, with personal stories from families, is Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies: The Groundbreaking Program for the 4-A Disorders by Dr. Kenneth Bock. Thanks for asking, and hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete